NKFF ELKHORN CREEK FLOAT AND / OR WADE – Jul 8 & 9 – Fri.-Sat.
Approximate Trip Cost $120 if staying over Friday night – Gas & Food if just day-tripping NO DEPOSIT to register. Coordinator – M Arnold/J Cruse
- Drive down Friday early and float or wade and fish until about dinner. Those who drive down after work can just meet us at Jim’s Seafood (950 Wilkinson Blvd #2025, Frankfort, KY 40601 – straight down US-127 to just before you get into Frankfort) for dinner. Then we’ll go back to the stream and fish the evening hatches at Forks-of Elkhorn or Knight’s Bridge till sunset then head to the Bluegrass Inn in Frankfort ($77 a night for 2 bed room) – let us know you plan to stay and we’ll setup the rooms.
- Get up early and have breakfast at the motel (included) – check out
- Head to whatever part of the stream you plan to wade or float – maps provided in the trip plan
- Fish till noon-ish – break for lunch and a streamside nap – waiting for the evening hatches – fish till dusk and then head home
- or head for home after lunch
Registration are closed for this event.
- John Ellsworth
- Michael Arnold
- Chris Turner
- Jim Wilmoth
- Robert Vaughan
- Kevin Cottrell
- Bill Klingenberg
- Alec Wienhold
So far it’s just me and John. I still plan to drive down Friday and stay overnight. If anyone just wants to drive down, fish until dusk and drive home or drive down Saturday and fish the morning hatch and go home or stay and also fish the evening dusk hatch then go home … that’s fine too, but I would like to have some idea about who to expect, so please register online here. I also need to know if anyone is planning to float the creek (from Broken Bridge to Knight’s Bridge – about 1 1/2 miles). If not, I will not be bringing my kayak, I’ll just wade & fish.
I will be wade fishing on Friday.
I’ll be going down Friday, and I’ll bring my one man inflatable pontoon with me.
I will contact you directly asap to let you know if I’ll be staying overnight or leaving Friday night.
Hello All, Where is the original meeting spot for this trip and when will everybody be getting there? I have floated this stretch a bunch but have never wade fished it. I plan on wade fishing tomorrow and possibly saturday.