- Fly Fishing –What it isn’t and what it is
- Beginner’s Gear
- Putting It All Together – Understanding Fly Line Terms
- Basic Fly Fishing Knots
- Putting Loops on the Ends of Fly Lines
- Fish all the Water
- Learn To Fly Cast by Joe Fly-rod
- Fly Casting Basics
- Kentucky Fish Identification Book
- Good Manners On-Stream and Catch & Release
- Top Ten Flies For This Area
- Streamer Fishing
- Winter Survival Tips & Winter Fishing Gear
- Winter Tackle Cleanup
We Are Educators
Northern Kentucky Fly Fishers is all about educating folks about fly-fishing. We hope you take advantage of our classes before you go out and spend a lot of money on fly-fishing gear. We can save you a lot of confusion and probably a few dollars too.
NKFF holds several Basic Fly Fishing classes each year for various county agencies (Parks & Recreation, Community Education, Libraries, Schools, etc). These are open to the general public and NKFF members. We always do two in Kenton County (spring and fall sessions) and we do one each in Boone, Campbell, Grant, Pendleton and Woodford counties. This year we’ve added one in March for Wildlife Women, a Tri-State group.
We also hold numerous “Members Only” fly fishing clinics throughout the year. In these classes, experienced members help new members get started fishing for and (hopefully) catching fish. Many of the classes are on local waters.