- Fly Fishing –What it isn’t and what it is
- Beginner’s Gear
- Basic Fly Fishing Knots
- Putting Loops on the Ends of Fly Lines
- Fish all the Water
- Learn To Fly Cast by Joe Fly-rod
- Fly Casting Basics
- Kentucky Fish Identification Book
- Good Manners On-Stream and Catch & Release
- Top Ten Flies For This Area
- Streamer Fishing
- Winter Survival Tips & Winter Fishing Gear
- Winter Tackle Cleanup
We Are Educators
Northern Kentucky Fly Fishers is all about educating folks about fly-fishing. We hope you take advantage of our classes before you go out and spend a lot of money on fly-fishing gear. We can save you a lot of confusion and probably a few dollars too.
NKFF holds several Basic Fly Fishing classes each year for each of the various county agencies (Parks & Recreation, Community Education, Libraries, etc). These are open to the general public. We always do two in Kenton and Boone Counties (Spring and Fall sessions) and we do one in Campbell County in the summer. In 2018 we reached out further into the state and did classes in Fayette and Estill Counties too.
We also hold numerous “Member Only” fly fishing courses throughout the year. In these classes, experienced members help new members get started fishing for and (hopefully) catching fish.