NKFF MICHIGAN SALMON TRIP – Sep. 8 – Sep. 11 – Thu.-Sun.
Approximate Trip Cost $300 Plus Guide Fees and Tips
$150 deposit to register. Coordinator – M Arnold
- Fishing the Rogue River (on the way up), the Muskegon River from Croton Dam to Newaygo and the
Pere Marquette River in Baldwin.
- We’ll be staying in Newaygo, MI at Cronk’s Oakridge Motel (right next to the restaurant).
- Guides are available for float trips and walk-in and are worth every penny of their Let us know if you want to take a guided float or walk-in trip and we will set it up for you – yesterday was the best day to let us know – guide trips go fast early in the year, so don’t drag your feet.
- If you do not have Salmon Fly-Fishing Gear – DO NOT GO OUT AND BUY ANY before talking with Many of us have loaner outfits for newbies to borrow. You MUST have your own waders and boots (and we highly recommend a wading staff).
- Salmon flies, gear and wading clothes are discussed at depth in the trip plan
- NKFF old timers know many of the wading accesses and will provide their expertise to members ho:
- Have never fished for salmon before
- Have never fished in Michigan before
- Have a tight budget for fishing
- William Osborn